Wednesday 31 December 2014

CONTEXT PRACTICAL: VIDEO PROJECTION

For the exhibition I looked into different videos that I could piece together for the projection onto the wall that could shows the similarities from the past and present. I decided to use the artists from the vision section to define it further. This video will at as a wall projection within the exhibition and be played on a continuous loop.


1. Madonna x Lady Gaga






Vogue (1990)


Stills from the video 








Alejandro (2012)

Stills from the video that emulate Madonna 







2. Lil Kim x Nicki Minaj



No Matter What (2000)

Stills from the video 






Pound the alarm (2013)

 Stills from the video that emulate Lil Kim 






3. Ian Brown x Liam Gallagher


Fools Gold Live (1990)

Stills from the video 






Whatever (1994)

 Stills from the video that emulate Ian Brown





With the videos found I began editing the clips on iMovie to show the comparisons using the original artist first and then the one who emulates them after.






I also decided to add some typography graphics to the video to expand what Re-Mix is about, expanding the definition of the logo through the use of different words that explained the process of sampling and my artwork.





I started off by getting the type from illustrator into photoshop and applying finished collages over the words to show texture and what to expect in the exhibition created a synthesised brand image. I continued with this process for the rest of the words.








To give a clear insight into what the exhibition is about I decided to add some quotes from my dissertation to further back up my thoughts on the research of this project.




I kept all the design using the same monochromatic colour scheme throughout, as with everything else in my project.


Final Video






I am really pleased with the outcome of this video this is something I am becoming more interested in experimenting with after doing it with a project last year. The more videos I incorporate into my practice the better my editing skills will get which is beneficial to me as a creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment