Friday 12 December 2014

CASE STUDY 03: POP FEMALE ARTIST

For my final case study I will be researching into the female pop star as I have already covered some major factors that influence the pop music culture.  I wanted to look into the controversial subject of the sexualisation of women in this sector as it's something that dominates the industry and links to Adorno's theory of the fetish character which I have been reading about.


Sexuality in pop music


The Telegraph

The Guardian
Miley Cyrus + Rihanna Sexuality
Women empowerment in music
Gender battles in pop music
Britney spears

Sales of sexualised music


The voice debate


Response


The effect

Exploitation


Documentaries / Video


Sexualisation of the music industry

Objectification
Sexualised music videos

Themes

Dominance

Desire

Creating a facade

Audiences have become accustomed to this ideal

Women and men idolise these images

Fetish character

No comments:

Post a Comment