Monday 10 December 2012

TYPOGATEUX: RESEARCH

For our brief we was assigned to create a Typogateaux that resembles an existing letterform or glyph, I was partners with Victoria for the task. The cake had to be inspiring, innovative and most of all tasty.

To kick start my research I decided to reflect on what the entrants from the years before had done. I looked specifically at Thomas Squire's work.



I really liked the detail and intricacy of his design. I looked at letter and writing based cakes
that could help influence the direction of the design. 

Pinned Image


Pinned Image


Pinned Image

I like the decorated letter, but I don't think I'd use it as a cake topper.

'Eat me' Cake Topper



After researching different type of cakes myself and Victoria decided to focus our research. We looked at specific types of cakes representing the Adobe software, as we felt this was a good link to graphics.





We then looked at all the different Adobe software Icons to see which one we wanted to use.


We then decided to go ahead with the Adobe Illustrator design as we though we could make a chocolate orange cake. We looked at all the previous designs of the icon to influence our design.





After researching the different Icons, we really liked the CS5 design and looked up recipes  
on how to create a chocolate orange cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment