Tuesday 2 October 2012

ARTIST RESEARCH

Source
Mario Hugo is a New York based, Illustrator and graphic designer. I chose some example of his work as I believe they represent an essence of the word melt. I also like the colours, layout and structure he uses in his work which are inspiring.





Source





Source





Si Scott is an typographic artist who hand draws and uses ink to create his images. I like the detail and deffintion in his swirls and is an inspiration to my melt project and I want to incorporate drips and swirls in one of my designs.






Ryan is a US designer and illustrator I found on blogspot. This was created by using hot glue on poster card and using red crayons to add depth and colour. I like the use of technique he used to create his work and how it projects so many emotions such as death, passion and pain. The hot glue is a good way of making a melting effect 



Video link to the process of how he created the type: Source




Salik Rohman is a graphic design student in London who decided to work with a melting typography. I like how he went into dense research by allowing his frozen letters melt to see were the drips formed and how it came to his final design.


Source



Adam Robert is sixth form student studying art and design, I like how he was inspired by German illustration and the 3D use of his letters to make the melting style more fuller and interesting.




Source


Luke Lucas is an Australian based graphic designer he created this logo/poster design for a Australian summer music festival called "Summerdayze". I like the textures in his writing and ice cream cone and I think it communicates the term melt very well due to the ice cream, season and style.

Source


This was created by one of my favourite typographers Alex Trochut I like the use of textures and digital style he was used to create this. The splatter effect translates to the word melt effectively due to it connecting with liquids and solid things decreasing and moving shape.


Acetate

Another thing I wanted to explore was using materials such as acetate to create a stencil design. So I research images and designers to gain inspiration from.

Source
                                    

This is a type stencil created by Oricannoodles, I love they way they have incorporated an image within the words and the scale  and intricacy that has gone into creating the image.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment