Saturday 15 February 2014

SECRET 7": VISUAL RESEARCH 2

For the Black Sabbath vinyl cover I wanted to create a design based around a deserted or ruined island / world. I looked into some images and came across the Hashima Island in Japan which is I thought represented some interesting ruins of a fallen apart world.

Hashima






The texture and structure of these ruins would be something I would like to incorporate into my work, possibly through some illustrations or handmade collages. I then decided to look into some textures online to get a sense of what I wanted to create. When looking into the band a lot of their pictures and design work had a lot of grainy and dark visual aesthetic.

Textures




I decided to look into a few textures that I think could conceptually represent the ruins of an ending world. A lot the textures I looked into were distressed and creased which can be something I can incorporate into my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment