Friday 31 January 2014

MUSIC EVENTS BRANDING: PRODUCT

For the next stage in my research I decided to look at the products produced in music branding events. From my brainstorms I decided to focus on the visual identity of the work.

Product: products produced in relation to music branding events focusing on logo, font, colour and posters.


Yay Festival Identity.




I looked at Yay festivals identity created by Snask which is and event that includes 'bringing people inspiring talks, live music and great clubbing.' I chose this identity as I think the range of colour and typography really stands out and is piece that reflects what I would like to create in my own practice. The branding has a strong visual theme and is very individual.

Northside Identity.


I then looked at Northside which is a danish music festival. I chose to analyse this design because of the creative use of type, geometric shapes and colour. I like the use of a bold colour pallet which makes the brand stand out as a whole. I also like the use of modern type as it flows cohesively with the geometric style.



Fringe Identity


Lastly I chose to analyse Fringe which is a music festival introducing 5 musicians from different music disciplines  The festivals profile has a modern look, with clean lines and a modern urban style. The design-elements and the typography are contemporary and match the artists styles that have been featured.

From my research the Identity of these festivals are very strong and individual, I think they communicate well to their audience in what type of music and location they are set in. I really like the use of bold colour pallets, type and textures introduced into the designs of these events which is something I will continue to analyse and focus on throughout my next research posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment