Friday 1 November 2013

DESIGN FOR WEB: DESIGN WEBSITE RESEARCH

Before designing any of my website, I wanted to look into websites that were design based that act as a source of influence. I also looked at artist blogs focusing on the grids, content and layouts used.




Nasty Gal is a fashion blog and apparel store, I really like the manipulation of the images on this website which make the website stand out and adds texture.

Elise Rose


Elise Rose is a photographer, again I like the way she manipulates the images in her portfolio to add texture and colour. The grid of her website is very simplistic allowing the images to stand out and act as a main focus.





Design Inspiration was one of the favourited blogs according to my survey, I decided to look into this website further as this was something my target audience generally looked at. I think the layout of the page is very simplistic and creates a collaging technique for the photo's which makes it stand out. Also when an image is clicked onto there are links and information about the design which is a useful feature to require and is something I will consider.




Similary to design inspiration the creative journal follows a similar grid. The images work it a light box format so when they clicked onto they grow bigger and text is formatted underneath. This feature is very common in the websites I have looked at and again is something I should include.





Design Milk was another favourite from my survey, the website takes on a different approach than the other one's I have looked at and instead of a wall gallery it used blog posts for the reader to look further into. I don;t think a feature like this would be suitable for the type of website I am trying to produce but is a consideration.





Baubau haus is something I would really like to create aesthetically, the simplistic colours against the photo's works really well and the logo / black navigation back makes it easy to navigate round visually. The website include features such as tags, social network links and drop down menus to get to specific art work.

After looking through these websites there are a lot features that I have come across that have influenced the way I want to design my work. I think that using a simplistic colour pallet will benefit the whole design of my work as it allows the photography to stand out and a collage style gallery for the images to work into creates a clean and professional look.

No comments:

Post a Comment