I create a concept board to show to Richard for my crit of what I wanted to explore.
From my crit I received really good feedback, on my concept and a lot of idea's to also include in my related design work along with the essay. I took down some notes whilst the crit and listed these considerations.
- Look at library books on race and identity
- Could possible create controversial images/adverts of white and black female roles in the media
- Consider synthesis and make design work that shows the understanding of your theory
- Use gaze theories
- Themes of identity
- Focus on examples from the media
- Practical - editorial piece or image
- Representation of black women in history and now
Books / Theorists.
- Stuart Hall
- Paul Gelroy
- Bell Hooks
From this crit I then went to the library and collected some books to read and get some quotes from and possible aspects to cover.
I found this crit really helpful in me choosing a specific direction to go in and a strong concept.