Friday 19 October 2012

DIGITAL TYPE RESEARCH

After my research I decided I wanted to trace a comic style typography, make it 3D and then add my final pattern. I chose to use the process of tracing a digital font again as I worked well with these design process in my last work and was something I was confident in. I research and collected a series of typefaces that I liked and could potentially work with.

I really liked the boldness of this font and give gave a connotation of authority and power which I thought went well with Jaspers characteristics. 
Amight Jack - www.dafont.com



The italic style of the font attracted me to it as in a lot of comic books there is an extensive use of them and I thought it would go well with the genre, I also liked how bold it was and thougjt it would be easy to make 3D as no serifs where involved.
Advengence Mightiest - www.dafont.com
I liked how the font gave off a sci fi vibe and the structure of the letters where attractive, I thought this font would be fun to experiment with and the length of the letters replicate Jaspers tall build.
Praetorium - www.fontspace.com
This font really looked like a conventional comic book style font, I liked how it was explicit to the genre and the thick weight of the letters would allow my pattern to fit nicely within them.
Badaboom - www.dafont.com
I liked how the font went from thick at the top to thin at the bottom and how it encorporated the italic style that comic books use. I though it would be quiet hard to experiment with this font in regards to the 3D design.
Crash landing - www.fontspace.com

I really liked the weight of the font and though it would also work well with my pattern idea, how ever the font is really compact and with the pattern incorporated might be visually overwhelming.
Damn noisy kids- www.fontspace.com

The font had great textures within the letter forms however I thought it slightly resembled a horror genre and due to some of the parts missing out of the letter forms it could compromise my initial idea.
Feast of flesh - www.fontspace.com
I really liked the structure of the letter forms and thought it would be easy to experiment with and although it isn't explicity a comic book style font I liked the length and weight of the letters and my design wouldn't look cliche.
Geomancy - www.dafont.com
This font is more thinner and would be interesting to experiment with and adding more angles into the shape of it. 


Marooned of mars - www.fontspace.com
This font really looked like the text that would be in the speech bubbles of a comic book, I really liked how it would explicitly show the genre and either my partner or the audience could relate and identify it.
Smack attack - www.fontspace.com
This font is really circular in it's style and makes it look relaxed and friendly, I like how it almost gives off a hand drawn effect.
Wurper comics - www.fontspace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment