Monday 10 November 2014

CONTEXT PRACTICAL: EXHIBITION DISPLAY RESEARCH

For my exhibition I looked into a multitude of ways that I could display my artwork and items I could consider when curating the space. Focusing on music, print and way finding and signage.


Interactive Sound Displays






I really like the concept of using headphones and artwork in the exhibition as a way of making it interactive and linking to what my dissertation is about.



Boxes + Displays













Artwork Display





 






























Type / Image Display









3D Type installations could be used for the title of the exhibition, using perspex or wood.


   

Vinyl lettering to be used on the walls of the exhibition and could be used to define certain focal points and to highlight artwork.









Projections











There are a multitude of ways in which projector could work within the exhibition space, looking at a few variations gives me a range of ideas on how I could use this, if I decide to use it with m exhibition.


Feedback Displays





Simply and easy way for people to leave comments and feedback about the exhibition, pencils implemented within the design works really well.








Using hooks to hold comment cards, could be a discrete and interesting way to keep them placed.




Promotional




A small board I could use outside of the exhibition to announce the exhibition is on, and act as a part of way finding and signage.


Collecting different images of exhibition and space design has enabled me to get an insight into the potential ways in which I could design and curate my exhibition. In looking at these items I will start to mock up how my exhibition could look and the ways in which I could arrange the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment