Wednesday 7 May 2014

CONTEXT OF PRACTICE: END OF MODULE EVALUATION

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

The skills I have learnt through this module have enhanced my writing ability through making arguments in my essays. An example of this is, being introduced into the triangulation technique. This has been really beneficial for me to practice in order to obtain a well balanced argument and showing comparisons between a multitude of theorists.

I have also learnt a lot about the identity and the other in lectures and talk which had been the main influence for my research and practical designs. These lectures are a good way for me to think outside of the box and challenge myself through look and other subjects.

I have also learnt a lot from the mini study tasks given for the module, this constant challenge for writing and practicing different methods has enabled me to achieve a better understanding of how to construct a well written essay, which I have applied to my final essay writing work.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


For this module I have focused on contemporary design but also using cultural references such as colour, type and image to synthesis with my essay practical. 

I have also used my work across a multitude of platforms to show the range in which my ideas and theory can be expanded. For example instead of actually creating an exhibition I mocked up a design for it, this has not only saved me time but also money and has allowed me to push my idea's further for people to connect with.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I have a strength in writing and making arguments, I think I will continue to develop my skills in triangulation and other argument methods to strengthen my essays. I will also capitalise on this skill by looking into more theorists and focusing on one or two instead of multitude to build a strong argument and to show that I have really studied in depth with the writers thoughts.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I think my weakness when it comes to context is ensuring that their is a design element synthesis between my work and my essay. I will develop this by looking further in to more associated design contexts  and doing first hand research. Another weakness of mine is trying to keep consistency throughout a design. I think for my black myth posters I should have kept them more minimal to fit in with the rest of the posters overall aesthetic, no the less I am still happy with what I produced.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

To produce more developed outcomes for a brief to enable the best concepts and work  are produced.
To spend more time of focused research to make stronger arguments in my essay, this will heighten my writing ability.
To be realistic with my concepts and the time frame in which they are given, this will avoid me from making mistakes and overworking myself.
Spend more time with the crafting of my work this will enable a more professional aesthetic.
To create more mock ups and thumbnails to create a range of idea's.


6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas: 
(please indicate using an ‘x’)  


5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor



1 2 3 4 5
Attendance


x


Punctuality


x


Motivation




x
Commitment




x
Quantity of work produced




x
Quality of work produced



x

Contribution to the group



x


Overall I have really enjoyed this module due to me choosing an issue, that I felt strongly about and was personal to me. I am really proud of what i've done and although I could of made a few design decision changes, I will now look forward to progression to my 3rd year of COP and challenging myself with a new topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment